The Leflaive family established residence in Puligny-Montrachet in 1717, when Claude Leflaive married a girl from the village and became one of the first vignerons on record in Puligny. His house, on today’s Place du Monument, was the family headquarters for 10 generations, all linked to the vine and winemaking.
Domaine Leflaive has been entirely a family domaine since its creation. Brice de La Morandière, great grandson of the founder, Joseph Leflaive, represents the fourth generation at the head of the domaine. In 2015, after an international career in industry, he succeeded Anne-Claude, pioneer in biodynamics. It is with the same philosophy of respect for the great terroirs, humility toward the forces of nature, and relentless pursuit of excellence in viticulture and in winemaking that the domaine will continue to grow in the future.